Our response to the COVID-19 epidemic
Update on our visiting policy 29/04/2020
From 29 April 2020, Cumberland Manor will begin to allow limited visits in line with the Australian Government's restrictions on entry into aged care facilities.
Our staff have been arranging video calls with families/friends and ensuring our residents are getting out of their rooms and socialising with each other, we know that being able to see loved ones is important to their emotional wellbeing.
While we are easing visitor restrictions, safety precautions remain place in minimising the risk of infection. Our new visiting policy means:
- Essential visits (palliative consumers) will continue as before
- 2 family members are permitted at once for 30 minutes per resident
- A call must be made to the facility in advance to book a time slot for a visit
- Visiting hours will strictly be from 10-11:30 AM and 1-4:30 PM on weekdays at the present time
- Weekend visits may be available for special circumstances only, please call (03) 9311 7079 for further details
- Visiting areas will include the Lavender room outdoor area and Rose room outdoor area – however if the weather is cold and rainy, visiting areas will take place at Rooms 23 and 24.
- Entrance to the facility is to be made through the rear of the facility (i.e. Essex Street side) - please call once you have arrived to the facility for your scheduled visit so we are able to assist you
- All visitors to provide a record of their 2020 influenza vaccination
- COVID-19 declaration form will need to be completed and temperature to be checked/recorded upon arrival to the facility
- Hand hygiene must be practiced upon arrival to the facility and throughout the duration of your visit
- If you are feeling unwell on the day please do not visit
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to discuss further, please call us on (03) 9311 7079.