Our response to the COVID-19 epidemic
Update on our visiting policy 29/04/2020
From 29 April 2020, Cumberland Manor will begin to allow limited visits in line with the Australian Government's restrictions on entry into aged care facilities.
Our staff have been arranging video calls with families/friends and ensuring our residents are getting out of their rooms and socialising with each other, we know that being able to see loved ones is important to their emotional wellbeing.
While we are easing visitor restrictions, safety precautions remain place in minimising the risk of infection. Our new visiting policy means:
- Essential visits (palliative consumers) will continue as before
- 2 family members are permitted at once for 30 minutes per resident
- A call must be made to the facility in advance to book a time slot for a visit
- Visiting hours will strictly be from 10-11:30 AM and 1-4:30 PM on weekdays at the present time
- Weekend visits may be available for special circumstances only, please call (03) 9311 7079 for further details
- Visiting areas will include the Lavender room outdoor area and Rose room outdoor area – however if the weather is cold and rainy, visiting areas will take place at Rooms 23 and 24.
- Entrance to the facility is to be made through the rear of the facility (i.e. Essex Street side) - please call once you have arrived to the facility for your scheduled visit so we are able to assist you
- All visitors to provide a record of their 2020 influenza vaccination
- COVID-19 declaration form will need to be completed and temperature to be checked/recorded upon arrival to the facility
- Hand hygiene must be practiced upon arrival to the facility and throughout the duration of your visit
- If you are feeling unwell on the day please do not visit
Date: 2nd August 2020
Cumberland Manor Residential Aged Care is currently receiving support from the Australian and Victorian governments to manage an outbreak of COVID-19.
This is an incredibly stressful time for our residents and their families.
Calls are being made to the primary contact for each resident to update them on their loved one’s health and wellbeing, as well as the ongoing response at the facility.
The wellbeing of our residents is our top priority and we appreciate the support we have received from our community at this time.
We also appreciate the assistance we continue to receive from federal and state health authorities, the local Public Health Unit, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and the Older Persons’ Advocacy Network.
This includes access to surplus Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), clinical and infection control expertise, geriatricians, and additional workforce support.
We are all working tirelessly to continue to provide quality care for our Cumberland Manor residents at this challenging time.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to discuss further, please call us on (03) 9311 7079.